Jogja, a beautiful city with everything in a good price..

Hello, I'm back.

Well, this time I'd like to tell you about my journey to go to Jogja. Jogja is a rich in culture city, where you can find anything at a good price. I had my breakfast with pecel and cost only Rp 10.000. If you don't know whatever pecel is, it just a salad with peanut sauce.
I started my journey from Bandung to Jogja by train because I could get the cheapest ticket with only Rp 84.000 by Kahuripan or Kutajaya with just a lil bit higher price. I start from Bandung station to Lempuyangan station. I choose to take an economic class. You guys could book for these tickets in KAI.id for online reservation or another website like Traveloka, ticket.com or etc and I book for hotel reservation in Airyrooms.com which just cost Rp 60.000 for the two-bed bedroom and a bathroom inside your bedroom. My hotel just five minutes walk to Tamansari.After that, I took a bus to Magelang with affordable price. You can find a bus terminal by 15 minutes walk from the station.
My first destination is Borobudur. After taking a big bus then I took a small bus to Borobudur with Rp 20.000.  Borobudur's ticket entrance cost Rp 40.000 for domestic tourist and US$ for foreign tourist. Before the entrance, the officer will lend you batik warp cloth and you shouldn't wear a mini skirt, climbing those stupas, or drinking alcohol on Borobudur . Borobudur is a biggest Budha temple in the world built in 825 AD designed by an architect named Gunadharma. It used to lost for centuries after covering by Merapi's ashes and rediscovered.
I was so amazed because of those stones that arranged Borobudur temple was only glued together with clay, limestone, and water. Those stones locked one into another by making it puzzle-shape like. Borobudur making me feel the luxury of the ancient Javanese Kingdom. 
Borobudur 
Candi Borobudur

Indonesian ancestors are known as reliable sailors. It was proven with some reliefs carved on Borobudur. You can see the ancient Javanese boat replica in Borobudur. Before the exit gate, you can also buy some souvenir at this craft market.
Craft Market on the Borobudur exit gate

Ancient Javanese boat "Jung" Replica

I took a bus to Jombor terminal and then I took Trans Jogja bus for going everywhere inside Jogja region which only cost Rp 3500. I feel curious about some pamphlets on the road. On the pamphlets, there is Ramayana Ballet Prambanan. So I search it on Google and found it as one of the best traditional show in Indonesia. I bought a ticket which is cost Rp 150000. It was shown on a specific schedule. You can check it's schedule and book it with TripAdvisor.com, Ticket.com or buy it on the spot. Prambanan is Hindu temple located in  Sleman, Yogyakarta. Prambanan is one of the biggest temples in Indonesia. Ramayana is a roman tales, tells about a couple named Rama and Shinta. Once day, Shinta being kidnapped by Rahwana who disguised as a sparkling deer. So, it took so many hard works for Rama and his friends to defeat and kills Rahwana.
Candi Prambanan
Es Khado
I bought es kado or sliced ice cream wrapped by kado. A traditional ice cream from Java. it comes with chocolate, strawberry, and durian variant, but I just taste sweetness combine with essence. But, they were delicious, actually.
After that, I go to Tamansari. Tamansari is used to be princess water bath, but today it was open for public so nobody takes a bath in there, hehe. It was connected with another building by underground tunnels. At the center of those tunnels called Sumur Cemeti, which is today used by some couples for taking pre-wedding photographs. 



Ramayana Ballet Prambanan

People activity at the afternoon

Tamansari

Sumur Cemeti


The difference between you and me is your head is only one but you think about ten girls, while my head are ten, but only Shinta inside them. -Sujiwo Tejo


You can check our journey video in
Backpacking to Jogja
I'm the one who wears a glasses.



Share:

0 komentar